Metropolitan school use Microsoft Teams for grades 1 to 9 only, in addition to newsletters and Rediker.
Kindly find a brief about Microsoft Team attached below,
Microsoft Teams brief
Pre-K to KG2 distance learning assignments and activities will be communicated through newsletters and Rediker only.
Here are some things to expect/know:
Core subjects are:
- English Language Arts
- French Arabic
Non-Core subjects are:
- Met Values
– All-Met Parents will receive grade-level newsletters via the portal for this week today, including core subjects and non-core subjects.
– Parents will receive the grade level newsletters via the portal for next week.
– Teachers will track participation of all work assigned and the quantity of participation will be factored into participation grades in the future.
– Assignments are meant to enhance learning so please ensure that your child is doing the work.
– Parents are asked to send completed work in the form specified (i.e. videos, written assignments, projects,) upon its completion.
– If any parent is experiencing difficulty in accessing the internet consistently, please let the teacher(s) know.
Kindly find the attached below for the contact list,
Workbooks and books that are here at school, unless they can also be accessed online, will not be part of what the teachers will assign.
Teachers will assign work via videos, attachments, documents, and apps, through Microsoft Teams, and through Rediker for Pre-K to KG2.
Core teachers will subsequently be sending e-mails to students to access the work already communicated via the newsletters.
For Arabic and all MOE subjects, the ministry has already communicated the amendments to the curriculum map and final exam times. Arabic teachers will send all the details via the portal, and the work via Microsoft Teams.
All Microsoft Team access and login details will be shared in a separate email via the portal
Parents will receive the Microsoft Team login information in the form of an email account and password, via the portal from your child’s homeroom teacher
Please contact your core subject teachers directly via Microsoft Teams beginning
Metropolitan School events such as MAP testing and Student-Led Conferences will be postponed until further notice.
Metropolitan schools continue to communicate and we are excited to see all the great teaching and learning that will be taking place online during the E-learning process.
Please stay healthy, keep away from malls and public places, and make sure students stay on task and do the work their teachers assign.
Here are some “Frequently Asked Questions” attached below,
Frequently Asked Questions
Lower School: LS – Q4 Collective Online Schedules
Upper School: US- Q4 Collective Online Schedules with guidance
E-Learning Quarter 4 updates attached below:
Letters from the Executive Director:
School Closure and E-Learning Announcement
Pre-recorded and Live Videos Update
Met Community Update Letter 27 March
Letter from the Executive Director- Friday 3 April 2020
Letter from the Executive Director Friday 10 April 2020
Letter from the Executive Director 17 April 2020
Follow Up Letter from the Executive Director
Met Academic Team